The SPH project from Stephen and me is reaching a new milestone:
I have finally fully implemented the particle surfacing core, it’s done ! , well , there’s a trick: it’s only the core
… and this is in lots of ways unoptimized : I’m researching optimized alternatives and also I will have to implement the complete OpenGL shading (normals,faces…) with the correct blending between different particle types.
Also I think a polygonal cache should be implemented like the current Elbeem simulator does for baking the simulation only once…
Because no matter how many optimizations are made, for real life situations it will always be slow .
here are some updates , hope you like them.
Last night I finished the implementation of surface refinement for particles, this allows to increase the resolution of the mesh for smoother surfaces. I still need to redefine my current surface evaluation from particles because I’m getting the wrong isosurfaces but still I could show you my progress.
This will be useful not only for particle fluids but also for the whole particle system (Newtonian,Boids,Keyed), that’s why we plan to release first the fluid particles engine independently from the surface generator very soon
here´s some screenshots:
particle iso surface resolution of 1
particle iso surface resol 2
particle iso surface resol 3
particle iso surface resol 4
I’m progressing a lot in the surfacing , I have implemented a spatial hash structure for boundless marching cubes acceleration that is working ok
For the isosurface evaluation I still have to investigate a few more approaches since I’m getting only surface slides of the fluid stream currently.
Currently I have a lack of updates in my site because the college net is nearly collapsing due to the VILSEL and several viruses of the same family that keep the network saturated
KAV and NOD made very little for it, any effective solution ?
Previously, when I show the mixing fluids feature of fluid particles I only sowed the physical behavior of the mixing fluids and as was pointed
by Daniel Genrich , it still missed mixing mixable fluids or diffusion.
Well, the good news is that properties diffussion is pretty straigthfoward to add, not just color could be diffussed among mixable fluids but just everything (temperature, etc)
and as a proof of concept I have implemented color diffussion
Currently is only at viewport level (OpenGL level) and I need to thinker more on it to make it usable for end users , but is a nice insigth of what will come in the future
hope you like it
thanks to Matt Ebb and Janne Kahru the volumetric Multiple Ligth scattering bugs and the particle stickness patch are now committed
I celebrate each small contribution and thanks to them.
Happy New 2010!
Yesterday, I spent the whole day hunting bugs in the volumetric multiple light scattering code, since it was not functional (the migration from 2.4x to 2.5 was not straightforward).
I hunted a lot of bugs, and now the Multiple light scattering feature works as it should do. I have sent the patch to Matt Ebb so luckily it will be fixed soon. Thanks to him
I haven’t left out the volumetric development, each project has its priorities, and one of my resposabilities is maintaining it now that it is in trunk
here’s some ugly pics of before and after, I think that bug hunting was crucial now because volumetrics are to be used in real production pipelines (like Durian) so it is important to minimize critical bugs.