Hi all 🙂
Happy New 2010!
Yesterday, I spent the whole day hunting bugs in the volumetric multiple light scattering code, since it was not functional (the migration from 2.4x to 2.5 was not straightforward).
I hunted a lot of bugs, and now the Multiple light scattering feature works as it should do. I have sent the patch to Matt Ebb so luckily it will be fixed soon. Thanks to him 🙂
I haven’t left out the volumetric development, each project has its priorities, and one of my resposabilities is maintaining it now that it is in trunk 🙂
here’s some ugly pics of before and after, I think that bug hunting was crucial now because volumetrics are to be used in real production pipelines (like Durian) so it is important to minimize critical bugs.