Thanks to the community feedback I fixed yesterday an initialization bug in my patch that was causing blender crashing on new particle systems when the emitters haven’t had previously assigned materials. I also changed a few things a bit to be more consistent with future changes 🙂
here’s the corrected patch:
Jahka will soon work on this and he’s already given green light to me, so the whole feature will be soon in trunk! Yay!!!!!! It’s very important to test this feature now before Jahka starts reviewing it so I could tune it to make his task easier and bug free 🙂
Here are the current builds:
* OSX (Intel) : Thanks Tkroo!
* Windows: Thanks David and Spacetug!