Hi guys 🙂
1) The topology does not update untill i letgo of the mouse. So it’s hard to see what i’mdoing.2) The detail slider seems to be doing absolutelynothing, and the polygons i get from small trokesis extremely far from enough.3) When starting from a cube and drawing on it, thecube subdivides once and turns into a ball insteadof letting me add detail to the face.4) If i draw a small stroke on a low poly model, itsubdivides the whole face and makes a huge lumpinstead of my little details.5) The topology gets really messy. Sculptrisallways has really clean proportional triangles.I think it should ditch the quads and go withtriangles instead.6) No undo.
Yes, I’m aware of those issues, some of them are
easier to tackle than others, my first goal was to
achieve dynamic subdivission no matter the
workflow, then adaptive subdivission, and only once
those goals achieved, I will be focused on workflow
because although the workflow made the difference
from the user standpoint, from the dev standpoint
is just the make up of the tool.
1) Yes, realtime update do make a difference, but
at high polygon counts updating them in realtime
could be a pain, so is better to have it toggable
2) For me it do works….detail 0.05 gives lots of polygons, and if
are not enough just get closer…. if detail is set
to 0 (which currently I have disalowed) always will
subdivide. But currently when edge size get smaller
than the detail size it wil stop subdivide ….
3) yes, this is a bug, is because the first time it
enters in sculpt mode , every edge is selected in
editmode, could be easily fixed.
4) it subdivide starting from the base mesh, I know
the current mesh system is not idoneus, that flagg
is due to the current mesh system, not to Unlimited
Clay, … sculptris has a cleaner and better mesh
system (and also less flexible), the workaround
could be set to improve the Mesh subdivission tool
(outside Unlimited Clay but doable), it will
require more time, but the good news is that is
just plug an play and better subD algorithm
automatically will work with Unlimited Clay , and
again, there’s not much user case when you want to
sculpt a really low poly model, a good advice is to
start after one or two subD modifier applyed to the
5) Related with issue 4, current mesh subD
algorithm, some relaxation could be implemented.
6) yes, this is very important, and I think is
related with the events …. need someone
experienced in that … or just time.
Is a work in progress, and I thank every feedback and help