Unlimited Clay = Edit mode + Sculpt mode

unlimited clay is actually a combination of two modes

Hi all πŸ™‚

prototyping is relatively easy, is a matter of few days or even weeks, but deploying the full idea in a finished enviroment is the hard part, developers have the 80-20 principle that says:
-you will make the first 80% of your code in the 20% of the time and will spend the remaining 80% of the time in the last 20% of your code πŸ˜›

Though still there’s a lot of road to be walk to finish the unlimit clay implementation, i’m progressing slow but steady πŸ™‚ and the good news today is that I’m gonna explain you what is the true power of Unlimited Clay

The most visible feature is that it allows you to sculpt with dynamic detail, so you will lose the fear to run out of polygons while sculpting and that’s what my previous prototypes have shown but Unlimited Clay is really the coombination of Edit mode with Sculpt mode, what does it mean? well, when you apply an unlimited clay modifier to an object then you have virtually access to every editmesh tool in sculpt mode , I mean , you could “sculpt” editmesh tools, what you have seeing so far is sculpting “subdivisions” but more tools could be easily added in the future if aviable in edit mode, like reduce, smoothing-relaxation, etc. there’s no limit on what could be born from the combination of both modes in unlimited clay πŸ˜‰

I’m focusing rigth now only on subdivissions to keep complexity in a managed way, rigth now I’m just kill an elusive memory bugs (the worst) and I’m starting to get sculpting directly in editMesh structure, the cornerstone of the whole algorithm πŸ™‚ and the most difficult step of the new design of Unlimited Clay

Cheers Farsthary

Unlimited Clay = Edit mode + Sculpt mode

17 thoughts on “Unlimited Clay = Edit mode + Sculpt mode

  1. farsthary says:

    thanks guys πŸ™‚

    @ibkanat As soon as I finish uclay, I’m dying to put my hands on it again

    @Silence: unluckily no 😦 I get forbid access to streaming video sites … so no vimeo, youtube, BlipTV, etc anymore 😦


  2. 2 things I always wanted in sculptris πŸ˜€

    1-the ability to poke holes through the object (preferably through pushing till the two opposite faces collide and create a hole :D)

    2: The ability to get rid of a whole (basically sides merge when they meet) -topologically speaking, that would allow just about everything atop the awesome work you’ve done πŸ˜€


  3. belich says:

    impresionante, esto realmente va para adelante!”!! }

    Esta vuelta complicada a la esquina de la edit mesh, va a ser compatible con la bmesh?


  4. farsthary says:

    Bmesh will certainly mess things a bit …. but as long as it maintains the same level of functionality it could be easily remade πŸ™‚

    regarding the holes feature, I’m sure it will be done eventually, in principle is not impossible πŸ˜‰


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.