Improving contour partitioning

At the heart of several tools that I have developed in the past lays a contour partitioning algorithm. It was robust and could handle arbitrary contour shapes, but recently I got a bug report assigned related to CloseHoles tool, and after a careful debugging I found that the partition was indeed robust, but not “clean” enough, it could sometimes create fan like splits which was actually undesired.
What started as a routine bug hunt ended up improving greatly the code for a much more neat contour partition algorithm.

Before
Before
After: new algorithm
After: new algorithm
Advertisements
Improving contour partitioning

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.